Since the inaugural match in 1871, Scottish Rugby has had a rich history with BT Murrayfield witnessing some of the world's greatest rugby moments and playing host to some of the world's most famous musicians over the past century. Opened in 1925 BT Murrayfield is one of the great sporting stadia of the world and the largest sports venue in Scotland.
Go behind the scenes of BT Murrayfield with our knowledgeable and professional Scottish Rugby tour guides who will regale you with stories from Scottish Rugby’s rich history. You will have the chance to experience what the stadium looks like on a daily basis, learn about the preparation for international matches and if you are lucky enough you may witness one of Edinburgh Rugby's training sessions.
See some of Scottish Rugby’s memorabilia including the Calcutta Cup.
Step onto the set in the TV Studio.
Keep up with the famous Voice of Rugby in the Bill McLaren Press Gallery.
Get a feel for the atmosphere in the Scotland Changing Room & Team Tunnel on match day.
Please note: Due to events at the stadium, particularly International matches, the full tour route is subject to availability.
“Absolutely fantastic, thoroughly enjoyable, I would love to come & see the stadium in all its glory on match day.” Duncan Cathie, Near Warrington
Online: From the online Ticket Centre
Phone: Call us on 0131 346 5106 (option 4) (Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm)
In Person: Buy over the counter at the Scottish Rugby Ticket Centre at BT Murrayfield, Monday-Friday, 10am to 5pm. If you arrive for a Saturday Tour, please note that for stadium tours cash only payment is currently accepted at the Scottish Rugby Store.
Tours are available from Monday to Saturday at a set time of 11:00am. A guided tour starts from the Scottish Rugby Store (in the West Stand of the Stadium), lasts 1.30h and is subject to availability.
Additional public tours are available on 15th / 22nd / 23rd and 29th September at 2.30pm.
We advise that visitors book their guided tour in advance as there are limited spaces on each tour and this is the only way to guarantee a place for your chosen tour.
“Fantastic tour, beautiful stadium, first class tour guide!” Damien Clark, Essex
Throughout November, due to the Autumn Test, the tour route will be subject to changes. Team Tunnel, Scotland changing room and pitch side will be subject to availability.
TOURS SOLD OUT / UNAVAILABLE on 7th / 8th / 21st / 22nd / 24th and 28th October.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information please email: email@example.com
"The tour was informative instructive and thoroughly enjoyable. As a result, I will see the magnificent stadium in a different way." Ian Dewar OBE
Tours can be made up of a number of individual bookings. If you would like a private guided tour, please complete the editable form (PDF) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print off and post to: Stadium Tours, BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ.
All prices stated are inclusive of VAT at current rates and do not include the 5% Transaction Fee*.
*The Transaction Fee: The Transaction Fee covers costs incurred by Scottish Rugby when processing and fulfilling your order. As well as materials, these include any method of payment charges associated with your booking, which will not exceed those charged to Scottish Rugby by your card provider. The Transaction Fee may vary depending on the product you are purchasing.
"Lively commentary and anecdotes as we were shepherded around the inisde of the stadium." Leslie Hannaford, Pentland Probus Club
The tour begins at the Scottish Rugby Store (in the West Stand of the Stadium) and your tickets will be held there for collection. You can collect your tickets on the day of your tour and we recommend that you collect no later than 10.45am to avoid delays.
Looking for the perfect gift for family or friends? A gift voucher for the BT Murrayfield stadium tour could be the ticket!
Give the unique gift of a behind the scenes tour of one of world rugby’s great stadia with individual and family vouchers available to suit your requirements.
Gift Vouchers can be purchased from the Scottish Rugby Online Ticket Centre or by calling the Ticket Centre on 0131 346 5106 (option 4) (Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm).
Vouchers will be posted to you and can then be redeemed by the recipient up to 12 months from date of purchase. If you would like the voucher to be sent directly to the recipient please e-mail email@example.com after placing your order.
Groups and Educations Visits
We understand that educational groups may require different information. For this reason, we are pleased to offer our visitors tailored tours that focus both on their interests and needs. For school children we can provide worksheets that will turn the tour into a more interactive experience as well as tailored information for university and college students (course dependent).
Left Luggage Policy
BT Murrayfield do not have the facilities to accommodate left luggage during the stadium tour. Therefore we recommend that if you are travelling with large bags you arrange alternative storage of them prior to your visit. Small bags, personal belongings and pushchairs must be kept with you at all times during your visit. We thank you for your co-operation.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all tours of BT Murrayfield Stadium (a “Stadium Tour"). By participating in a Stadium Tour, ticket holders are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
2. Ticket holders should arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to their Stadium Tour start time and should assemble at the designated point within the Scottish Rugby Store. If the ticket holder is not present at the start time for the Stadium Tour for which they have registered, Scottish Rugby may (without compensation or refund) refuse to allow him/her to join the Stadium Tour. Please note that ticket holders and/or their bags may be searched by a member of Scottish Rugby staff and the Scottish Rugby reserves the right to refuse admission to the Stadium Tour if a ticket holder declines to be searched.
3. No food, drink or items liable to cause any damage to the Stadium may be brought on the Stadium Tour.
4. Young people aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by his/her parent, guardian or other adult who is responsible for their conduct.
5. Ticket holders must follow the lawful directions of the tour leader and any other representative of Scottish Rugby.
6. If at any time during the Stadium Tour, Scottish Rugby believes that behaviour of a ticket holder is unacceptable or likely to cause damage or injury to either that individual, any other person or the Stadium (including but not limited to drunken or unacceptable behaviour, any acts likely to cause damage or injury, threatening, disrespectful or violent behaviour), Scottish Rugby may ask the ticket holder to leave without compensation or refund. The ticket holder shall also be liable to Scottish Rugby for all costs, losses and liabilities resulting from that ticket holder's actions.
7. If, in its sole discretion, Scottish Rugby deem that certain dress is inappropriate to enter part(s) of the Stadium, Scottish Rugby will be entitled to refuse admission to such part(s) without refund or compensation.
8. Please be aware that as BT Murrayfield is a working stadium, certain parts of the stadium may be inaccessible to Stadium Tours without notice being given. As such, Scottish Rugby cannot guarantee that all advertised elements of the Stadium Tour route will be accessible at all times and Scottish Rugby reserves the right to alter or vary the route of the Stadium Tour at its discretion without compensation or refund.
9. Scottish Rugby reserves the right to cancel a Stadium Tour where this is reasonably necessary. In such circumstances, notice shall (if reasonably possible) be given to the applicable ticket holders and such ticket holders shall be entitled to either accept an alternative date/time or to receive a refund. No other compensation shall be payable.
10. No ticket to the Stadium Tour may be sold by the original purchaser to a person (or persons) for a price which is greater than the face value of the ticket. Advertising tickets to the Stadium Tour for sale in any forum including on any on-line auction or other website is strictly prohibited. Any such re-sale shall render the ticket void. Tickets remain the property of Scottish Rugby at all times.
11. Except for photography for bona fide private, non-commercial uses, the possession or operation of recording or transmission equipment of any kind is prohibited on the Stadium Tours. This includes, without limitation, photography, filming, audio and any other recording or transmission.
12. Scottish Rugby shall be entitled to refuse admission or re-admission to, or to eject from the Stadium, any person who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
13. Any promotion offered is, unless otherwise stated, solely applicable for pre-booked Stadium Tours. All promotions are run independently and no two or more promotions can be claimed at any one time.
14. In addition to the stated value of the Ticket, Scottish Rugby may apply a transaction fee and/or a delivery fee for the processing and issue of Tickets purchased. The transaction fee includes payment method costs, costs of administration charges and other fulfilment charges. The delivery fee includes postage and delivery costs to reflect the chosen method of Ticket delivery.