BT Murrayfield Stadium is one of the great sporting stadia of the world, the largest sports venue in Scotland and witness to many thrilling international rugby matches, from its inaugural match in 1925 which saw Scotland go on to achieve their first Grand Slam to a historic win against Australia in 2009.
Our experienced guides will take you through the decades of Scottish Rugby with tales from the first international rugby match in 1871 to the exciting installation of BT Murrayfield’s first Hybrid pitch last year.
Highlights of the Guided Tour include:
Please note: Due to events at the stadium, particularly International matches, the full tour route is subject to availability.
Tours are available from Monday to Saturday at a set time of 11:00am. A guided tour lasts 1.30h and is subject to availability.
The Scottish Rugby Store has recently reopened after its refurbishment and tours will once again start at the shop. At this time payment in person for the tour can only be made at the Scottish Rugby Ticket Centre which is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Wed 10am-5pm.
If you arrive for a Saturday tour please note that cash only payment is currently accepted at the Store. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
We advise that visitors book their Guided Tour in advance as there are limited spaces on each tour and this is the only way to guarantee a place for your chosen tour.
For available dates & to book your tour, call the Scottish Rugby Ticket Centre on 0131 346 5106 (lines open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Wednesday 10am-5pm) or email email@example.com.
If you are a wheelchair user or require assistance, please let us know when you book the tour.
Under 18s, students and senior citizens: £3
Maximum group size: we recommend one tour guide per 25-30 people. Larger groups can be accommodated subject to guide availability.
Private tours: tours can be made up of a number of individual bookings. If you would like a private guided tour, please mention this when you book.
AUGUST: Tours are currently sold out on 4th and 19th August.
Due to the Scotland v Italy game on 29th August and the Foo Fighters Concert on 8th September all tours are suspended from 24th August until 10th September inclusive.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more info please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Absolutely fantastic, thoroughly enjoyable, I would love to come & see the stadium in all its glory on match day.” Duncan Cathie, Near Warrington, 16/08/2014
“Fantastic tour, beautiful stadium, first class tour guide!” Damien Clark, Essex 17/09/2014
"The tour was informative instructive and thoroughly enjoyable. As a result, I will see the magnificent stadium in a different way." Ian Dewar OBE 8/10/2014
"Lively commentary and anecdotes as we were shepherded around the inisde of the stadium." Leslie Hannaford, Pentland Probus Club, 14/11/2014
You can walk round the stadium any day of the week, from 9am-5pm.
Storyboards in key locations explain the stadium’s history. You can take photos inside the stadium and visit the shop for a souvenir of your visit.
Please note: restrictions will be in place during international match weeks.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all tours of BT Murrayfield Stadium (a “Stadium Tour"). By participating in a Stadium Tour, ticket holders are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
2. Ticket holders should arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to their Stadium Tour start time and should assemble at the designated point within the Scottish Rugby Store. If the ticket holder is not present at the start time for the Stadium Tour for which they have registered, Scottish Rugby may (without compensation or refund) refuse to allow him/her to join the Stadium Tour. Please note that ticket holders and/or their bags may be searched by a member of Scottish Rugby staff and the Scottish Rugby reserves the right to refuse admission to the Stadium Tour if a ticket holder declines to be searched.
3. No food, drink or items liable to cause any damage to the Stadium may be brought on the Stadium Tour.
4. Young people aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by his/her parent, guardian or other adult who is responsible for their conduct.
5. Ticket holders must follow the lawful directions of the tour leader and any other representative of Scottish Rugby.
6. If at any time during the Stadium Tour, Scottish Rugby believes that behaviour of a ticket holder is unacceptable or likely to cause damage or injury to either that individual, any other person or the Stadium (including but not limited to drunken or unacceptable behaviour, any acts likely to cause damage or injury, threatening, disrespectful or violent behaviour), Scottish Rugby may ask the ticket holder to leave without compensation or refund. The ticket holder shall also be liable to Scottish Rugby for all costs, losses and liabilities resulting from that ticket holder's actions.
7. If, in its sole discretion, Scottish Rugby deem that certain dress is inappropriate to enter part(s) of the Stadium, Scottish Rugby will be entitled to refuse admission to such part(s) without refund or compensation.
8. Please be aware that as BT Murrayfield is a working stadium, certain parts of the stadium may be inaccessible to Stadium Tours without notice being given. As such, Scottish Rugby cannot guarantee that all advertised elements of the Stadium Tour route will be accessible at all times and Scottish Rugby reserves the right to alter or vary the route of the Stadium Tour at its discretion without compensation or refund.
9. Scottish Rugby reserves the right to cancel a Stadium Tour where this is reasonably necessary. In such circumstances, notice shall (if reasonably possible) be given to the applicable ticket holders and such ticket holders shall be entitled to either accept an alternative date/time or to receive a refund. No other compensation shall be payable.
10. No ticket to the Stadium Tour may be sold by the original purchaser to a person (or persons) for a price which is greater than the face value of the ticket. Advertising tickets to the Stadium Tour for sale in any forum including on any on-line auction or other website is strictly prohibited. Any such re-sale shall render the ticket void. Tickets remain the property of Scottish Rugby at all times.
11. Except for photography for bona fide private, non-commercial uses, the possession or operation of recording or transmission equipment of any kind is prohibited on the Stadium Tours. This includes, without limitation, photography, filming, audio and any other recording or transmission.
12. Scottish Rugby shall be entitled to refuse admission or re-admission to, or to eject from the Stadium, any person who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
13. Any promotion offered is, unless otherwise stated, solely applicable for pre-booked Stadium Tours. All promotions are run independently and no two or more promotions can be claimed at any one time.