Edinburgh is the place to be this weekend for the rugby connoisseur. Four games on Friday evening, The Club International, U20s, Scotland Women and at Lasswade the meeting of Scottish Universities against Irish Colleges as preludes to the big one at Murrayfield should certainly whet the appetite.
Irish Colleges will be the last in this year's series of games for the students. It will be a keen contest, The Irish always a very robust and effective outfit will test the development this year's Scottish Universities squad have made. Saturday league games have unfortunately denied the squad of five players, the Dundee trio of Dreyer, Horton and Jenkinson and Stirling duo, Samuel and Mark. Coach Chris Reekie is happy with the strength in depth, "we have an extended squad of 45 players and this will provide an opportunity for others to play representative rugby at this level, having spoken to those coming in for the first time they are really exited about the prospect. It is this very ethos we have been promoting, making selection worth something to aspire to and having a real desire to compete in the jersey".
Tomorrow's game promises to be a real cracker, both sides endeavouring to express what is good about student rugby. Given fair weather and a firm surface there should be an exhibition of fast and committed rugby.
The wish is as many people as possible will come along and support the students experiencing the high level of rugby on offer, and give a help against the Irish.
VENUE: Lasswade, near Edinburgh
DATE: 13th March 2009
Entry £2 at the gate
For more info contact: Team Manager, Jacqui Stone - email@example.com / 07811 356356
Starting line up:
1. Gavin Hume Heriot-Watt University
2. Angus Dixon Aberdeen University
3. Colin Marshall Dundee University
4. Gary Temple Heriot-Watt University
5. Jamie Rupar (Capt.) Aberdeen University
6. Scott MacKenzie Abertay University
7. Dom Dunnett Aberdeen University
8. Murray Wyllie Aberdeen University
9. David Reekie Aberdeen University
10. Euan Kelly Aberdeen University
11. Patrick McQuiston Stirling University
12. Pete Saunders Heriot-Watt University
13. Fraser Lyle Aberdeen University
14. Redha Guedroudj Aberdeen University
15. James Fleming Stirling University
16. Patrick Traylor Aberdeen University
17. Gordon McRorie Stirling University
18. David Sutherland Dundee University
19. John Mawhinney Dundee University
20. Greig Ramsay Aberdeen University
21. Duncan Browne St Andrews University
22. Alex Jackson Aberdeen University