The fresh faced enforcer from Kelso, Ross Ford has been handed the number two shirt by Ian McGeechan for the British and Irish Lions match against the Free State Cheetahs tomorrow (Saturday, 6 June, kick off 2pm). It will be the 25-year-old's first start in the famous red jersey and he has kept in touch with Edinburgh supporters via his humourous and insightful blog - exclusive to edinburghrugby.org.
Remember Edinburgh now has almost as many Lions as the Zoo on Corstophine Road, so why not watch them every other week by signing up for a 09/10 Season Ticket. Call 0131 346 5180 to reserve your place and become part of a team an inspirational capital can be proud of.
Head Coach Ian McGeechan said:
"With the selection of Donncha O'Callaghan, Leigh Halfpenny and Luke Fitzgerald in the starting XV it means that all the squad players will have taken to the field according to plan. We also have new arrival Gordon D'Arcy on the bench which gives him a chance to get straight into the action.
"Although there are no players backing up from the starting XV against the Golden Lions several of the replacements who saw action in that match have now been selected for their first start. For the Cheetahs match Andy Powell, Stephen Ferris, Euan Murray, Ross Ford, Harry Ellis and James Hook are all in the starting XV team for the first time.
"The team includes an all Welsh back three, an Irish combination in midfield and a Munster second row pairing. We are also are continuing to build partnerships and combinations among the players from the four nations and this is reflected in the front row where Scottish team-mates Euan Murray and Ross Ford will pack down in the front row alongside Andrew Sheridan, and the backrow where three players from three different nations will play alongside each other."
15. Lee Byrne (Ospreys/Wales)
14. Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues/Wales)
13. Keith Earls (Munster/Ireland)
12. Luke Fitzgerald (Leinster/Ireland)
11. Shane Williams (Ospreys/Wales)
10. James Hook (Ospreys/Wales)
9. Harry Ellis (Leicester Tigers/England)
8. Andy Powell (Cardiff Blues/Wales)
7. Joe Worsley (London Wasps/England)
6. Stephen Ferris (Ulster/Ireland)
5. Paul O'Connell (Munster/Ireland) captain
4. Donncha O'Callaghan (Munster/Ireland)
3. Euan Murray (Northampton Saints/Scotland)
2. Ross Ford (Edinburgh/Scotland)
1. Andrew Sheridan (Sale Sharks/England)
16. Matthew Rees (Scarlets/Wales)
17. Adam Jones (Ospreys/Wales)
18. Simon Shaw (London Wasps/England)
19. Nathan Hines (Perpignan/Scotland)
20. Mike Blair (Edinburgh/Scotland)
21. Ronan O'Gara (Munster/Ireland)
22. Gordon D'Arcy (Leinster/Ireland)