Pathway Report Glasgow North Chiefs V Warriors U16

UNDER 16 GLASGOW Chiefs Chiefs v warriors 16th August 2009

Biggar 12 o’clock k/o 

The game kicked off with the wind behind the chiefs on what was now a dry afternoon. Both teams testing out defences and getting used to the conditions. After 8 minutes following some sustained pressure the Chiefs went ahead with a good supporting try from hooker Calder Dallas.

 It took another 8 minutes before the next score which came from the Warriiors fullback. This came after some neat backs passing and a strong run from the full back breaking through the first tackle and sidestepping the scramble cover defence. 

This was not allowed to last long as the Chiefs took the lead again only 3 minutes later. Good control of a number of phases got the Chiefs within 5 meters and after a bullocking run from the Loose head Callum Hastie, Calder Dallas was once again on hand to take the offload and go over the line.

Two minutes later again following strong defencive pressure the Warriors forced a pass which was pounced on by stand off Andrew Wilson who chased his kick through and dropped on the ball to score close to the posts ensuring he kicked the conversion.

Just before half time the Chiefs scored with Big second row Jonathon Grey driving over after some good controlled phase play. 

Half time: Chiefs 22  Warriors 5 

The Chiefs were instructed improve their rucking as this was the only aspect of their play that was well short of the required standard. The defence was very strong allied to bit of dominance in the scrum and line out so there was a lot of confidence going out for the second half. Very quickly the lads showed that they had listened to the half time instructions as they comprehensively raised their game right across the team.

They then strengthened their lead after 10 minutes when they fielded an expected kick and counter attacked with Stephen Gillies on at Full back racing around the cover defence to speed over for a try. 

Stephen followed this up with a superbly crafted try from our own 22 after the forwards stole a line out and the ball went sweeping wide quickly with inside centre Scott Murray making a break through the centre and popping a lovel offload pass to his outside partner Matthew Potter who kept the pace committed his defender passed to left wing Ben Montgomery arriving at pace who finally passed to Stehen Gillies who also put pace on to scream passed the desperate cover defence to score under the posts and followed this up by converting his own try.

One criticism was that after this the lads lost concentration and the Warriors exploited this and scored a well taken try.

This gave a second half score of Chiefs 12 and the Warriors 5.

The final scoreline ended: Chiefs 34 Warriors 10.

Well done to the lads and many thanks for the sizeable support that traveled to Biggar to cheer them on.