SCOTLAND UNDER-17 7 - 5 England
In the age grade side's first match at the Wellington International tournament, Scotland emerged victorious over England in a tightly fought encounter this afternoon (Sunday 4 April) at Wellington College, Berkshire.
During the first half Scotland started off playing down the slope and struggled at the set piece.
Said head coach Bryan Easson: "Scotland definitely put England under pressure and the try came in the first half when we charged them down. Callum Black passed to Callum Templeton who scored in the corner and Sam Hidalgo Clyne converted.
Click here to see action photos of the game
"Ten minutes from half time England pulled us in and scored similarly in the corner but missed the conversion. Just before half time there was a yellow card for Barr for offside so we ended the first half and played eight minutes of the second with one man down.
"The half backs played well, it was a mature performance in attack kept the ball and defended much better in the second half."
The squad now looks forward to their second game, on Tuesday, against France though without the services of Struan Potter (Prince Henry High) who had to leave the squad prior to the England game, due to illness and will be replaced by Jamie Bhattie.
Scotland under-17 v England, Sunday 4 April 2010 at Wellington College, Berkshire
15. James Lightfoot-Brown (Teddington School / Teddington)
14. Mike Diponio (St Josephs College)
13. Ryan Gray (Musselburgh RFC)
12. Tommy Allan (RGS High Wycombe)
11. Rory Hughes (GHA / Glasgow MET College)
10. Sam Hidalgo Clyne (Merchiston Castle School)
9. Scott Steele (Dumfries Academy / Dumfries)
1. Robby Wilson (Hadington RFC)
2. Callum Black (London Irish)
3. Ryan Barr (Kilmarnock / Stewarton Academy)
4. Adam Barnett (GHA / Mearns Castle School)
5. Callum Templeton (Dumfries)
6. Adam Ashe (Stirling County)
7. Will Bordill (Sandbach School / Sandbach)
8. Rhys Davies (George Watson's College) (Captain)
Alex Taylor (BATS) (for Barr)
Russell Anderson (Langholm Colts) (for Black)
Michael Vernell (Allan Geln's / St Aloysius College) (for Ashe)
Scotland under-17 fixture dates 2010
Wellington International Festival, Saturday 3 to Friday 9 April
Match day 1 - Sunday 4 April v England, kick-off 2pm
Match day 2 - Tuesday 6 April v France, kick-off 12noon
Match day 3 - Friday 9 April v Canada, kick-off 11am
Getting to Wellington College
The College is situated about 35 miles to the south west of London. Rail links are mainly via Reading but also, indirectly, from Waterloo). It’s close to Heathrow and Gatwick airports. It can be reached by road from the M3 or the M4. Click here for an access map.