In a display which showed just how far they have come in a matter of weeks, Scotland's under-17 side defeated Canada 53-5 in their final game of the Wellington International Festival this afternoon (Friday 9 April).
Said head coach Bryan Easson, "It was an outstanding performance from the guys. We changed the game plan to play with more width and at a speed that the physical Canadian side couldn't live with."
Leading 18-0 at half time, the Scots then hammered home the win in the second half. Tries came from Jamie Bhattie, Rhys Davies, Rory Hughes (2), James Lightfoot-Brown (2), Mike Diponio and Robbie Ferguson with conversions from Tommy Allan (3) and Sam Hidalgo Clyne (2) plus a penalty from Allan.
Click here for action images from the game
Having already posted a win against England, followed by defeat to France, the Scots finish the fesival on a high, having only come together as a group last month.
Added Easson: "Though this is the end of the under-17 programme, it's the first step for these boys moving forward to either the national under-18s or elsewhere in their rugby.
"Mentally and physically they've all changed as individuals over these last weeks. They've had excellent technical and tactical input from the management and have developed in all areas of their game.
"Though the bulk of today's tries came from the backs, there was a huge amount of good work done up front and great contact skills. Today was a real team performance and I'm really proud of what the players have achieved."
Scotland under-17 v Canada, Wellington International Festival, Friday 9 April
15. James Lightfoot-Brown (Teddington School / Teddington)
14. Michael Binnie (Longridge Towers / Berwick)
13. Ryan Gray (Musselburgh RFC)
12. Chris Auld (Dumfries / Austin Friars School)
11. Rory Hughes (GHA / Glasgow MET College)
10. Tommy Allan (RGS High Wycombe)
9. Sam Hidalgo Clyne (Merchiston Castle School)
1. Jamie Bhattie (Stirling County)
2. Russell Anderson (Langholm Colts)
3. Robby Wilson (Kilmarnock / Stewarton Academy)
4. Cameron Murray (Peebles High School / Peebles Colts)
5. Callum Templeton (Dumfries)
6. Cameron Warnock (Loretto)
8. Rhys Davies (George Watson's College) (Captain)
7. Will Bordill (Sandbach School / Sandbach)
Alex Taylor (BATs) (for Bhattie)
Callum Black (London Irish) (for Anderson)
Adam Ashe (Stirling County) (for Warnock)
Michael Vernell (Allan Glen's / St Aloysius College) (for Davies)
Scott Steele (Dumfries Academy / Dumfries) (for Allan)
Robbie Ferguson (Ayr / Wellington) (for Gray)
Mike Diponio (St Joseph's College) (for Binnie)
Jennifer Dailly - Team manager
Bryan Easson - Head coach
Ben Fisher - Assistant coach
Colin Robertson - Assistant coach
Stevie Scott - CPD coach
Derrick Spiers - Strength & conditioning coach
Jon Turvill - Doctor
Julie Morrow - Physiotherapist
Martin Hastie - Video analyst
Scotland under-17 results 2010
Wellington Festival, Saturday 3 to Friday 9 April
Sunday 4 April Scotland under-17 7 - 5 England
Tuesday 6 April Scotland under-17 10 - 23 France
Friday 9 April Scotland under-17 53 - 5 Canada