Munster (6) 30-3 (3) Edinburgh

A tough second-half saw Edinburgh Rugby suffer a fourth defeat to Munster at the Irishmen's second home of Musgrave Park tonight (30-3).

Despite being just three points adrift at the break, stand-off Ian Keatley proved a more than adequate replacement for international absentee Ronan O'Gara, adding 14 points to the six he kicked in the first half, to register a significant portion of his side's 24-unanswered second have points.

The young fly-half added to his growing reputation with a clinical kicking display, living up to his 90% kicking credentials going into the game.

Edinburgh missed the chance to go ahead in the tenth minute as Piers Francis missed his first penalty but, just three minutes later tighthead BJ Botha was sent to the bin following a series of infringements, allowing Francis to make amends with another shot at goal.

Frustratingly, however, it was Munster who snagged the next points and only points in the ten minute, man advantage window.

Illegal blocking from Richie Rees gave Keatley a chance for take the lead, and he made no mistake once more, to put Munster a 6-3 to the good.

Edinburgh then battled back into the game and dominated the majority of territory and possession but could not capitalise.

HALF-TIME: Munster 6-3 Edinburgh Rugby

Munster picked up the pace after the break and almost scored the game's first try when JJ Hanrahan kicked through for Danny Barnes, but Dougie Fife spotted the move in the build up and was on hand to win the foot race to the ball and touch it down.

It was then the Keatley's boot caught fire, as a series of infringements at the tackle area allowed the Munstermen to steadily increase their lead amidst worsening conditions in Cork to 9-3.

A high tackle from Rees gifted Munster another chance from straight in front and Keatley bagged his fourth penalty to give his side a nine-point cushion.

That trended continued two minutes later when Edinburgh were penalised for not rolling away and Keatley delivered another three points before had once againbe on hand to prevent Hanrahan from reaching his own kick, but nothing could stop Keatley who, in the 63rd minute, kicked his and Munster's sixth penalty.

A poor kick from Edinburgh then allowed Ivan Dineen to break down the right-hand side and punt over the top for CJ Stander to latch onto and score under the posts on his return from a broken hand.

The extras were unsurprisingly added by Keatley, giving the hosts a commanding 25-3 lead, before Mike Sherry was on hand to score his side's second try of the evening.

Keatley however missed the conversion from out wide as the game as the game ended 30-3, giving Munster their sixth home win of the season.

FULL-TIME: Munster (6) 30-3 (3) Edinburgh Rugby

Munster: 15 Denis Hurley; 14 Johne Murphy, 13 Ivan Dineen, 12 JJ Hanrahan, 11 Danny Barnes; 10 Ian Keatley, 9 Duncan Williams; 1 Marcus Horan, 2 Damien Varley, 3 BJ Botha; 4 Ian Nagle, 5 Billy Holland; 6 CJ Stander, 7 Sean Dougall, 8 James Coughlan CAPTAIN.
Substitutes: 16 Mike Sherry, 17 Wian du Preez, 18 John Ryan, 19 Dave Foley, 20 Tommy O'donnell, 21 Paddy Butler, 22 Cathal Sheridan, 23 Scott Deasy.

Edinburgh Rugby: 15 Greig Tonks; 14 Dougie Fife, 13 Ben Cairns, 12 Ben Atiga, 11 Tom Brown; 10 Piers Francis, 9 Richie Rees; 1 John Yapp, 2 Andy Titterrell, 3 Willem Nel, 4 Perry Parker, 5 Izak van der Westhuizen, 6 Sean Cox CAPTAIN, 7 Stuart McInally, 8 Netani Talei
Substitutes: 16 Steven Lawrie on for Titterrell (56'), 17 Allan Jacobsen on for Yapp (63'), 18 Alex Allan, 19 Grant Gilchrist on for Parker (52'), 20 Hamish Watson on for McInally (58'), 21 Chris Leck on for Rees (64'), 22 Gregor Hunter on for Atiga (69'), 23 Lee Jones on for Brown (78').