If your club or school is planning to play a visiting team from outwith Scotland:
The steps in this process are as follows:
1. You should inform Scottish Rugby of the proposed incoming Tour by completing our Permission to Host a Tour Form.
2. We require that any match played in Scotland is played under our own player welfare rules. Thus, for instance:
(i) If it is an adult match, the touring team will not be able to field any under 18 players;
(ii) If it is an age grade match, Scottish age-banding and other rules apply.
3. We will expect you to advise the visiting club / school of the relevant Scottish rules and to ensure that your guests comply with these.
4. We require you to make enquiries to ensure that your guest teams have arranged appropriate travel and medical insurance. You should be in a position to provide evidence to this effect if requested.
5. The visiting team’s Union should provide us with a copy of its authorisation for the team to Tour. On receipt of this approval we will review it and, if everything is in order, we will officially stamp it to signify our own approval.
6. We will then email a copy of the approved Form and a covering letter to the Secretary of your club.
7. The Club Secretary should retain a copy of the correspondence for the club's records.
Please note that at certain times of year we receive a considerable number of Tour approval and similar requests. Whilst we will do our best to process your application as quickly as possible, applicants are recommended to plan accordingly.
If you can't find the information you're looking for, have a specific query or wish assistance with the processing of your Permission to Host a Tour request please contact Kathleen Munroe at [email protected] or phone 0131 346 5102.