World Rugby Strength & Conditioning Level 2
APPLY for the World Rugby Strength & Conditioning Level 2
This course is designed to build on the knowledge, understanding and practical application acquired from the World Rugby Strength & Conditioning Level 1. Its aim is to further prepare strength and conditioning coaches to demonstrate their application of more advanced strength and conditioning techniques, which in turn will facilitate coaches to prepare players more thoroughly to play Rugby Union.
The Level 2 course will cover the following eight key modules:
- Long term player development
- Demands of the game
- Profile of players
- Functional screening
- Resistance training
- Speed and agility training
- Integrated game conditioning
The Level 2 course will expand on the strength and conditioning content and practices of the Level 1 S&C course. The modules addressed will seek to advance the coach’s knowledge and understanding of the principles underpinning Strength and Conditioning for the Rugby player as well as enhancing the practical competencies to deliver an eight week periodised programme.
On the Successful Completion of the Course a Coach will be able to:
- Describe the 10 key principles that under pin Long Term Player Development Pathway and have an understanding of Peak Height Velocity and the developmental age of a player
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physical, physiological and time-motion demands of the sevens game
- Complete a number of Functional Screens on a rugby player and prescribe some corrective exercises.
- Articulate the potential benefits and limitations of using the Olympic style lifts in the power programming of the player
- Coach the Olympic style lifts and derivatives
- Plan and deliver a conditioning session with progressions for different stages of development
- Demonstrate safe strength & conditioning coaching of all elements of fitness
- Plan and coach numerous speed, agility and plyometric exercises into the training programme of the player
- Prescribe and manage a range of integrated conditioning modes of training to advance the specific fitness of players
- Complete an 8 week periodised plan and review
Completion of online pre-requisites and full attendance required. This course is competence based and involves on-course appraisal. It involves both classroom and outdoor practical activities, where coaches will be expected to participate fully in all sessions.
Please contact Claire Scott: [email protected] | 0131 346 5167 should you have any questions
follow Scottish Rugby Coach Development for the latest news, updates and announcements