Rugby Development Awards
Scottish Rugby's Development Awards celebrates and recognises the efforts of players, coaches, match officials and volunteers from the domestic game across all five regions of Scotland.
Considering the developing situation with Covid-19, Scottish Rugby has made the decision to cancel the Scottish Rugby Development Awards 2020.
Nominations for these awards would have been taken from those regional award winners announced earlier this year along with a number of other nominations for other categories that reflect the achievements of many across our game. Thank you to everyone who took time to nominate.
While we may not have a National Awards programme this year, we will continue to spotlight the achievements of our clubs, volunteers and players in a variety of ways throughout the year across our media and social channels. All their endeavours at this difficult time and the contributions to their clubs, schools and communities reflect how rugby and its values permeate everything we do.
Thank you to Tennent’s, Mitsubishi Motors, SP Energy Networks and Specsavers for their continued support of the Scottish Rugby Development Awards and we look forward to working with them again for the 2020/21 Awards.
The honours that will not be presented this year are as follows:
* Tennent’s Community Club of the Season
* Tennent’s Try of the Season (Men and Women’s)
* Tennent’s Player of the Season (Six Categories)
* Tennent’s Volunteer of the Season in Adult Rugby
* SP Energy Networks Coaching System of the Year
* SP Energy Networks Spirit of Rugby
* Mitsubishi Motors Volunteer of the Season in Youth Rugby
* Mitsubishi Motors Volunteer of the Season in Schools Rugby
* Mitsubishi Motors Young Volunteer of the Season
* Specsavers Referee of the Season
If you have any questions regarding the awards please email [email protected].
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This document (further: “Criteria”) describes the terms and conditions of the Scottish Rugby Awards competitions (further: “Competition”). Within the Competition we invite nominations from clubs, players, volunteers and spectators. The Contest is open for clubs registered with Scottish Rugby for season 2019-20.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
1. You can participate in the Competition if: a. you are at least 18 years on the day of entering the Competition, or b. you are between 13 and 18 years on the day of entering the Competition and your parent or guardian approved your participation in the Competition.
2. You cannot participate in the Competition if you are an employee of Scottish Rugby.
- Nominations must be received via the Scottish Rugby website, nominations will not be accepted via any other means.
- Video clips and must be in one of the following formats: MPG, FLV, 3GP, AVI, MOV.
HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE CHOSEN?
1. Winning nominations for each category will be selected by the Selection Panel (further: “Panel”) consisting of representatives from Scottish Rugby and Scottish Rugby sponsors.
2. The Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. The Panel reserves the right to award other special prizes at its sole discretion.
CONTESTANT’S OBLIGATIONS AND DECLARATIONS
- By sending a nomination, you (as a Nominator) confirm that you have notified the Nominee and that you and the Nominee agree that if you win the Competition, the Scottish Rugby and Scottish Rugby sponsors may use your name and/or image in announcements of the Competition results or in any other promotional materials applicable to the Competition.
COPYRIGHT AND PUBLICITY RIGHT
- We (Scottish Rugby) declare that we have exclusive, full, proprietary and unencumbered rights to the video content as a whole as well as to its individual creative components and that Scottish Rugby are not limited in any way to license copyright on the content from the video.
- By submitting a nomination, you (the Nominator) grant Scottish Rugby and Scottish Rugby sponsors a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, royalty-free licence to use any images/video clip(s) for the purpose of the Competition, including providing any images or video clips(s) to the Selection Panel members. This licence covers the following forms of exploitation: a. taking of or making the video clip(s) available to the Selection Panel members or to other persons involved in the Competition in a manner allowing them to access any images or video clip(s) in a place and at a time selected by them, b. public performing, retransmitting, broadcasting and rebroadcasting of images or video clips on the Scottish Rugby social channels, c. public performing, retransmitting, broadcasting and rebroadcasting of any images or video clips on Scottish Rugby sponsors social media channels.
Any and all video clip(s), as a part of entry into the Try of the Month Award, warrants the following:
(a) entrants agree that Scottish Rugby have the right to publish and communicate to the public the video clip in any media including, but not limited to, online, at all times without restriction or limitation and not only for the purposes of the Try of the Month Award;
(b) entrants acknowledge that Scottish Rugby may edit the video clip in its sole discretion;
(c) entrants agree that Scottish Rugby has the right to use entrants' names and other personal information in conjunction with the video clip; and
(d) if the video clip includes individuals aged under 18 the Club shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide Scottish Rugby with the contact details we need should we wish to verify this).
- Scottish Rugby and Scottish Rugby sponsors will not cover any costs incurred in connection with the Competition, including entering the Competition, submitting any images or video clips and receiving the prize referred to above except where stated above.
- Scottish Rugby reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the promotion without prior notice.
- The promoter is Scottish Rugby Union Limited. A company incorporated in Scotland (number SC132061), Registered Office: BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ