Tennent's Try of the Month
Tennent’s Try of the Month competition is back for the 2021/22 season!
The competition celebrates the great rugby being played across Scotland, week in, week out across Scottish Rugby’s Tennent’s league competitions.
Whether it’s a breakaway solo try or a pack effort, we want to see your club’s brilliant scores!
The Tennent’s Try of the Month has two categories, Men and Women.
Nominate a try
There are a couple of ways you can send us your video entry.
- Tweet us! Use #TennentsTOTM in the caption of your tweet to share your entry
- Or email us at [email protected] – you can attach your video in the email, or include a link for us to download the clip via a file sharing site such as WeTransfer
All nominations should be received by the last calendar day of each month.
The Judging Panel
A selection panel from Scottish Rugby's High Performance and
Rugby Development departments will review each nomination and select the four
best tries to go to a public vote on social media!
- The scorer of the winning try will receive a Tennent's funded prize.
- Try of the month winner will be invited to the Scottish Rugby Awards night with 1 guest.
- Winners will be shortlisted at the end of the season for the Tennent's Try of the Season award.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Tennent's Try of the Month
1. The Try of the Month Award recognises and rewards the quality of the club game in both the Tennent's Men's Leagues and Tennent's Women's Leagues.
2. Only tries scored in the Men's Tennent’s Premiership League, National League or Regional Leagues and Women's Tennent's Premiership League, National League or Regional Leagues captured on film and submitted via the nomination process will be considered.
3. Clubs can submit any number of tries at any time but only those submitted by the last day of the month for which they wish to be considered for award will be accepted.
4. The Club submitting the video clip(s), as a part of entry into the Try of the Month Award, warrants the following:
(a) entrants agree that Scottish Rugby have the right to publish and communicate to the public the video clip in any media including, but not limited to, online, at all times without restriction or limitation and not only for the purposes of the Try of the Month Award;
(b) entrants acknowledge that Scottish Rugby may edit the video clip in its sole discretion;
(c) entrants agree that Scottish Rugby has the right to use entrants' names and other personal information in conjunction with the video clip; and
(d) if the video clip includes individuals aged under 18 the Club shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide Scottish Rugby with the contact details we need should we wish to verify this).
5. If a nomination subitted by Twitter is shortlisted for the public vote, the nominee will be invited to email a copy to [email protected]. All submissions sent via email must be in one of the following formats: MPG, FLV, 3GP, AVI, MOV
6. A selection panel from High Performance and Rugby Development will meet monthly to decide on the top four for the public vote.
7. The selection panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. All nominations should be received by the last calendar day of each month. The successful try scorers and their Club President will be contacted by email. All unsuccessful try scorers' clubs will be notified by email.
9. The winning try-scorer will receive a Tennent's funded prize. The winning try will be automatically entered into the ‘Try of the Season’ award presented at the Scottish Rugby Awards Night at the end of the season. Try of the Month winner will be invited to the Scottish Rugby Awards Night with 1 guest.
10. The winning try-scorer/club agrees to take part in publicity in connection with this competition.
11. Scottish Rugby reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the promotion without prior notice.
12. The promoter is Scottish Rugby Union Limited. A company incorporated in Scotland (number SC132061), Registered Office: BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ