Tennent's Try of the Month
The “Tennent’s Try of the Month Award” for season 19/20 is now open and recognises performance from both the men's and women's Tennent's sponsored leagues.
The competition celebrates the great rugby being played across Scotland, week in, week out. Whether it’s a breakaway solo try or a pack effort, show us your brilliant try.
How to nominate a try
Men's Entry - To nominate a try for Tennent's Try of the Month for the men's game fill in the online nomination form. Nominations will be accepted up until the last day of the month.
Women's Entry - To nominate a try for Tennent's Try of the Month for the women's game fill in the online nomination form. Nominations will be accepted up until the last day of the month.
The judging panel
A selection panel from Scottish Rugby's High Performance and Rugby Development departments will review each nomination and decide on the winning Tries of the Month.
- The scorer of the winning try and the person who submitted the footage will each receive a Tennent's funded prize.
- Try of the month winner will be invited to the Scottish Rugby Awards night with 1 guest.
- Winners will be shortlisted at the end of the season for the Tennent's Try of the Season award.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Tennent's Try of the Month
1. The Try of the Month Award recognises and rewards the quality of the club game in both the Tennent's Men's Leagues and Tennent's Women's Leagues.
2. Only tries scored in the Men's Tennent’s Premiership League, National League or Regional Leagues and Women's Tennent's Premiership League, National League or Regional Leagues captured on film and submitted online will be considered.
3. Clubs can submit any number of tries at any time but only those submitted by the last day of the month for which they wish to be considered for award will be accepted.
4. Footage must be emailed to [email protected] and must be in one of the following formats: MPG, FLV, 3GP, AVI, MOV
5. A selection panel from High Performance and Rugby Development will meet monthly to decide on the winner.
6. The selection panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winning try scorer will be informed by phone.
8. The winning try-scorer and the person who submits the try will each receive a Tennent's funded prize. The winning try will be automatically entered into the ‘Try of the Season’ award presented at the Scottish Rugby Awards Night at the end of the season. Try of the month winner will be invited to the Scottish Rugby Awards Night with 1 guest.
9. The winning try-scorer/club agrees to take part in publicity in connection with this competition.
10. Scottish Rugby reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the promotion without prior notice.
11. The promoter is Scottish Rugby Union plc. A company incorporated in Scotland (number SC132061), Registered Office: BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ