The coaching essentials courses in available to all new or novice coaches for whom this is their first coaching course. Coaches must be minimum 15 years of age to complete the course and must be actively coaching within a club or school.
The coaching essentials course aims to equip coaches with practical tools to enhance their coaching, covering 3 key areas:
- How to create a positive learning environment where all players are valued and the aim is to provide high levels of activity, fun and enjoyment.
- Developing game understanding and skills through a game-based approach to training.
- Developing individual players skills and techniques through a player centred approach.
There will also be a tackle/contact safety session to ensure safe practice at all levels of the game.
During the 2020-21 season, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the coaching essentials course will be delivered via a mixture of taught online and face-to-face practical modules:
- Module 1 – Taught online
- Module 2 – Taught online
- Module 3 – Face-to-face practical
The face-to-face practical module will be delivered when it is safe to do so.
Download the full course descriptor HERE.
All coaches must have completed the following before attending the course:
- RugbyRight (completed every 2 seasons)
In conjunction with sportscotland, Scottish Rugby is able to subsidise the course cost for those coaches and teachers working within our member and associate clubs, schools and universities to grow the game at a price of £35.
Course Dates & Times
Course dates to be announced shortly.
|Date and Time||Location|