UKCC Level 3: Coaching Youth & Adult Rugby Union (Advanced)
This course acts as a progression for experienced youth and adult coaches who have undertaken their UKCC Level 2 qualification (or equivalent), and have shown a commitment to their own development through attendance at CPD workshops. The course is aimed at head and lead coaches within U16, U18 and Adult rugby, and those who are responsible for leading and managing rugby programmes at their club or school.
To apply for the course, you are required to:
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Be activity coaching U16, U18 or Adult rugby at a club or school in Scotland. Must be able to commit to delivering a minimum of 8 linked sessions throughout the programme.
- Show evidence of regular attendance at CPD.
- Submit a 20min video recording of you coaching in action – please coach one Technical Blueprint principle (e.g. rugby speed) in your session.
On successful completion of the UKCC Level 3 all coaches should be able to:
- Analyse participants’ current and potential performance needs and aspirations
- Plan a coaching programme per agreed goals
- Manage a safe and effective coaching environment
- Deliver a coaching programme using a range of coaching styles and interventions to meet participants’ needs
- Manage and develop personal coaching practice
- Coach techniques and tactical concepts of rugby union
- Demonstrate an understanding of the units and sub-units and their contribution to team play and the principles of rugby union
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of attack and defence.
The course consists of 3 modules, delivered over 5 classroom days. Two of these modules are delivered face-face, and one as development in the coaching workplace, supported by a trained Scottish Rugby educator. The course lasts one season and applicants should make themselves available for all modules. The course is a mixture of practical and classroom based activities.
Assessment is competency based allowing you to be continually assessed & receive support & action planning throughout the course. Coaches will also be externally assessed at least twice in their own coaching environment.
Application deadline is Friday 1 March 2019 at midnight. Please apply following the links below leading to Eventbrite.