Scottish Rugby’s new Coach Development Pathway replaces the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC) framework which came to an end in April 2020. The new pathway has been developed to support clubs and schools to work towards three linked aims and will be delivered as of July 2021.
- Start - To give more people the chance to participate in rugby.
- Stay - To retain more people in our game by improving their experiences.
- Succeed - To support more people to achieve their potential whether at club, school, age-grade, professional or international level.
Getting involved in coaching
Get involved in coaching by following these simple steps:
1. Contact your local club or school to enquire about coaching opportunities.
2. Complete a PVG check (if coaching at mini or youth level). No PVG = No Coaching
3. Sign-up to our SCRUMS system as a coach and complete the RugbyRight minimum standard online course.
4. Sign up to a coaching qualification near you (visit SCRUMS and click ‘browse courses’ - see course information below)
5. Sign up to the Online Training Hub (powered by Hive) for resources, videos and downloads – the training hub key (required to create an account) can be obtained by contacting your club coach coordinator.
Coaching is central to developing, sustaining and increasing participation in rugby union as well as improving performance at all levels. Scottish Rugby is committed to developing a quality game by providing a coach development service to support member clubs and schools in their development of coaches. Click to view the key contacts in your region and relevant department, ready to help with your enquiry.
Scottish Rugby Coaching Courses
Scottish Rugby offer a range of qualifications and workshops to suit coaches differing aspirations and are delivered across all of our regions in Scotland.
- Coaching Essentials (Level 1) – click through for dates
- Mental Health E-Learning Course
Further courses in the pathway will be made available throughout the 2021-22 season – please check back on this page regularly for details.
Please note that group bookings are not possible at the moment. This feature is being developed at the moment.