15 questions for your virtual quiz
Virtual pub quizzes have become all the rage since the coronavirus lockdown started, what with video calls being a popular way to stay connected to family and friends. We’ve pulled together some question inspiration for your next one in the calendar to introduce a Scottish Rugby round, or as an excuse to gather up your rugby pals for a bit of fun.
- Name five Scotland players to score a hat-trick at a Rugby World Cup?
- Scotland and England have contested the Calcutta Cup since 1879. Which two animals are engraved on to the cup?
- Who is Scotland’s most capped men’s player?
- Who has captained Scotland more times than any other player?
- Who scored Scotland’s only try in the 1990 Grand Slam winning game versus England and what was his club at the time?
- In what year did Scotland Women last win the Grand Slam and the Home Nations Championship?
- Which Scotland player was voted Six Nations player of the Championship in both 2016 and 2017?
- What was the record attendance at BT Murrayfield when Scotland beat Wales in 1975?
- What team did Scotland defeat in final of HSBC World Sevens Series in London in 2016 to win the Cup?
- Name the Scotland try scorers from 2018 win at BT Murrayfield against England in the Six Nations
- What is the nickname for the piece of action from Gregor Townsend that helped Scotland win in France back in 1995?
- Name all six stadiums that host the Guinness Six Nations fixtures
- What player was named as Scotland Women Captain for Women’s Six Nations Campaign 2020 and her position?
- Name the current Head Coach of Edinburgh Rugby
- Scotland Women Head Coach, Philip Doyle was appointed as Head Coach in 2019. What team had he previously coached to achieve a Grand Slam and Triple Crown in 2013?
Expand here for the answers
- John Jeffrey, Iwan Tukalo, Ally Hogg, Gavin Hastings and George Horne.
- Cobra and Elephant
- Ross Ford
- Greig Laidlaw (39 times from 76 caps).
- Tony Stanger, Hawick RFC.
- Stuart Hogg.
- Huw Jones, Sean Maitland
- Toony Flip
- Stadio Olimpico, BT Murrayfield, Aviva Stadium, Twickenham and Principality Stadium
- Rachel Malcolm, Openside Flanker
- Richard Cockerill.
- Ireland Women’s National Team
To play along with the other quizzes shared over the past few weeks, follow the links below: