2020 Podcast Round-up
Reflecting back on the previous year of episodes from The Official Scottish Rugby Podcast to highlight some of our guests, episodes and more.
Hosted by Al Kellock, Chris Paterson and Jamie McMillan alongside Scotland captain Rachel Malcolm. Over the year, we've welcomed players from past and present, coaches, staff from across Scottish Rugby, Scottish Michelin Star chef Tom Kitchin and also some fans to speak to our podcast hosts.
Take a look through some of the highlighted episodes and share your ideas with us for next year.
We hear from players from our Men's, Women's and Seven's teams on the podcast throughout the season. Over the Autumn Nations Cup Tournament, we called into Scotland camp regularly and heard from Captain Stuart Hogg, Darcy Graham, Ali Price, Chris Harris and many more.
We also catch up with past Scotland players for their insight on fixtures and a trip down memory lane, with us checking in overseas during the COVID-19 lockdown. Back in May, we were joined by both Greig Laidlaw and Johnnie Beattie as they spoke about life and playing rugby in France.
Scotland coaches including Scotland Head Coach, Gregor Townsend have made regular appearances on the podcast to give us further insight into the national training camps. Listen back to our episode with Bryan Easson, Scotland Women Interim Head Coach recorded in September where he talks about the team, fixtures and the goal of qualifying for the 2021 Rugby World Cup.
From Scottish Rugby
Throughout the year we have been joined by colleagues from across the organisation including Scottish Rugby Chief Operating Officer Dominic McKay and Chief Executive Mark Dodson to share insight into their respective area, including Return to Rugby information for our club game, key details ahead of the Scottish Rugby Annual General Meeting and health advice and on keeping safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic from Dr James Robson. Reflect back on an episode from Professor Jason Leitch & Dr James Robson on how a safe Scotland camp was created for international rugby to return.
We want to hear from you
Share with us who you'd like to hear from on the podcast next year. Any talking points, ideas or topics are also welcome too.
New to podcast listening?
Catch up on previous episodes and subscribed to get a notification when a new episode is released. We've detailed how to start listening on your mobile, Apple or Android or how to listen right here on scottishrugby.org.
- How to start listening
How to start listening: On your iPhone or iPad
If you have an iPhone you can use the Apple podcasts app to listen to podcasts.
- The Podcasts app should already be downloaded on your phone so search your apps for ‘Podcasts’. If it’s not, go to the app store and download it.
- Open the Podcast app and go to the search page (click on the magnifying glass button in the navigation at the bottom).
- A search box should appear at the top, next to another magnifying glass icon. Tap on this and type in the name of the podcast you want to find: “Scottish Rugby”. Hit “enter” on your keyboard.
- Choose the podcast you want from the search results and tap on it. This should take you to the podcast’s homepage.
- Once you’re on the podcast homepage you’ll see a list of recent episodes. Tap on one to play it.
Hit the button below on your mobile to open the podcast directly on to your podcast platform.
How to start listening: On your Android phone
If you have an Android phone you can use the Google podcasts app.
- Search “Google podcasts” in the play store app and install the app.
- Once you open the app, use the search box (look out for the magnifying glass icon) and type in the name of the podcast you want to find: Scottish Rugby.
- Choose the podcast you want from the search results and tap on it again. This should take you to the podcast’s homepage.
- Once on the podcast homepage you should see a list of most recent episodes. Tap on one to play it.