Your Club. Your Values. Our Future.
We are encouraging rugby clubs and schools all over the country to run events during Scotland’s Rugby World Cup 2019 fixtures to engage with their local community and, using the international stage to inspire new and existing members. This is your chance to raise the profile of your club and show your support for Scotland!
So why not get involved in this campaign? In doing so you’ll be helping to develop sustainable clubs, positive values and a positive future for generations to come, making sure rugby is everyone’s game.
Scotland Pool A Fixtures
- Scotland v Ireland, Sunday 22 September, KO 8.45am (BST)
- Scotland v Samoa, Monday 30 September, KO 11.15am (BST)
- Scotland v Russia, Wednesday 9 October, KO 8.15am (BST)
- Scotland v Japan, Sunday 13 October, KO 11.45am (BST)
Clubs registering events will receive the following support from Scottish Rugby:
- Social Media and PR Support
- Event Pack Resources* (Fixture Charts, Posters, T-shirts, Beer Mats etc.)
- Sponsor Support*
- Online Tool-kits
*Resources and sponsor support will be given out on a case by case basis dependent on the club event and application form submitted.
Before you register, why not take a look at our application tips and event support guide below for some inspiration on how you can plan your events during the Rugby World Cup!
Click for Top Tips
- Get your application in before the deadline - Thursday 29 August, 6pm.
- Take your time on your application. The planning of each event needs to be achievable, manageable and work for your club.
- You don’t need to do an event at every fixture, tailor this opportunity and make the most of it.
- Be clear and concise when writing your event plans out.
- Use the events support document as a guide to what you can do.
- Set objectives. What is the measurement of success for your club? (inclusion, engagement, player recruitment/retention, fundraising…)