Preview: Scotland Women v England Women
Scotland Women host England Women at the DAM Health Stadium for the opening round of their 2022 Tik Tok Six Nations campaign.
Scotland Women kick off the tournament against the number one ranked team in the world at the new 7,600-seater stadium, home of Edinburgh Rugby, The DAM Health Stadium, located next to BT Murrayfield.
With both sides looking to take the win, Scotland’s Jade Konkel is also looking to remake her debut to reach her 50th cap, and replacement Meryl Smith could be making her first start tomorrow (26 March).
What the coach said
Scotland Women’s Head Coach, Bryan Easson, said: ‘’The team selection for Saturday was difficult because we’re a growing group, but the performance in Dubai helped, so we were able to just make one change from that.
‘’We’re really happy with the selection, it is a really settled group, and unfortunately we’ve got a couple players missing through covid and illness which we were aware of last week.
‘’Therefore, we’ve had a really good week to prepare and are really happy with the team we have to face England.
‘’We’re very much looking forward to being at the DAM Health Stadium, the experience we had playing against Japan in the Autumn was outstanding, and we are not far away from it being a record crowd, which is exactly where we want to be.''
What the captain said
- Scotland Women have qualified for the Rugby World Cup after defeating Columbia 59 – 3 at the Dubai Seven Stadium in February.
- This is the first time Scotland Women have been a part of a Rugby World Cup since 2010.
- The team flew back from Dubai after their match and went straight from the airport to BT Murrayfield, where they presented the match ball ahead of Scotland men’s Guinness Six Nation game against France.
- Nine tries from eight different players were successfully scored in their match against Columbia.
- Scotland had the best success rate from kicks at the goal amongst all teams in last year’s Tik Tok Women’s Six Nations (82%), successfully slotting nine of their 11 place-kick attempts.
- Scotland have yet to win against England, after being kept scoreless in the last 11 of the previous 20 lost fixtures against England in the Tik Tok Women's Six Nations.
Where to watch
Join us in the Scottish Rugby Match Centre on Saturday for exclusive insight, match stats and live commentary from BT Murrayfield.
As always we’ll bring you the big moments as they happen, along with the latest from inside the Scotland camp.
Scotland v England kicks off at 12pm and you can watch the game live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Two in the UK.