Doyle names team for Red Roses Test
Scotland Head Coach Philip Doyle has named his starting line-up for his side’s home Women’s Six Nations match against England on Sunday at Scotstoun Stadium (kick-off 12.10pm – live on BBC Alba).
Doyle has made three changes from the starting team that faced Ireland in the opening match of the Six Nations last weekend in Dublin, with Hannah Smith and Megan Gaffney having both been ruled out of this match through injury. Rachel Law is the only uncapped player to be named in the match-day squad.
Her sister, Sarah Law, is promoted from the bench to start at stand-off with Helen Nelson moving to inside centre. Evie Tonkin is selected on the wing to replace Megan Gaffney.
The forward pack remains unchanged with Lana Skeldon at hooker, Leah Bartlett and Mairi Forsyth as props and Emma Wassell and Sarah Bonar in the second row.
Skipper Rachel Malcolm will start at blindside flanker with Rachel McLachlan at openside and Jade Konkel at number 8.
Mairi McDonald is again selected at scrum-half and the remainder of the back division is made up of Lisa Thomson at outside centre and Chloe Rollie at full-back, with Rhona Lloyd earning the other wing berth.
Doyle said on selection: “We have suffered with a couple of injuries in the last week. We have made the decision to rest Hannah Smith and Megan Gaffney so that they are in the best possible fitness for the rest of the Championship.
“We are under no illusion of how strong England are going to be, but for us it is a matter of playing our type of rugby against them rather than just trying to stop them. We will not make it easy for them at our home ground.
“It will be a great occasion being back at Scotstoun and I hope all of our fans will get behind us for what is sure to be an exciting display of rugby.” Philip Doyle
Scotland Women team to face England on Sunday at Scotstoun, Glasgow (kick-off 12.10pm – live on BBC Alba)
15. Chloe Rollie (Harlequins)
14. Rhona Lloyd (Loughborough Lightning)
13. Lisa Thomson (Darlington Mowden Park)
12. Helen Nelson (Loughborough Lightning)
11. Evie Tonkin (Darlington Mowden Park)
10. Sarah Law (Darlington Mowden Park)
9. Mairi McDonald (Hillhead Jordanhill)
1. Leah Bartlett (Loughborough Lightning)
2. Lana Skeldon (Darlington Mowden Park)
3. Mairi Forsyth (Corstorphine Cougars)
4. Emma Wassell (Corstorphine Cougars)
5. Sarah Bonar (Loughborough Lightning)
6. Rachel Malcolm – captain (Loughborough Lightning)
7. Rachel McLachlan (Darlington Mowden Park)
8. Jade Konkel (Harlequins)
16. Molly Wright (Watsonians)
17. Panashe Muzambe (Edinburgh University / Watsonians)
18. Lisa Cockburn (Darlington Mowden Park)
19. Siobhan Cattigan (Stirling County)
20. Louise McMillan (Hillhead Jordanhill)
21. Rachel Law (Edinburgh University)
22. Annabel Sergeant (Heriot’s Blues Women)
23. Alex Wallace (Harrogate RFC)
Tickets are available for Sunday’s match against England and Scotland’s second home Women’s Six Nations matches against France (Sat 7 March, 7.45pm), including the kids for £1 offer (with a paying adult, ends midnight before each match). BUY NOW.
Photo credit: Ireland v Scotland, Inpho