Four changes for final Under-20 Summer Series fixture against Georgia
Head Coach Kenny Murray has made four changes to his Scotland U20 side for their final Under-20 Summer Series pool stage fixture against Georgia tomorrow (kick off 4pm) – live on the Scottish Rugby website.
Gregor Hiddleston returns to the starting lineup in place of Patrick Harrison, who drops to the bench. He is joined in the front row by Iain Carmichael and Gregor Scougall.
The starting second row partnership remains unchanged in the series as Josh Taylor is paired with Max Williamson.
In the back row, Liam McConnell continues at blindside flanker, whilst captain Rhys Tait moves to number eight and Tim Brown comes in for his first start of the tournament at openside flanker.
Ben Afshar retains his place at scrum half, and at fly half Christian Townsend starts having come off the bench against Italy.
For a seventh consecutive game, Duncan Munn and Andy Stirrat make up the centre partnership.
In the back three, Gabe Jones moves from fullback to the left wing, whilst Kerr Johnston switches to the right wing. Returning to the starting lineup at full back is Keiran Clark.
There are 26 players in the matchday squad because of the condensed nature of the tournament. All 11 substitutes are available to be used during the match.
Scotland U20 Head Coach Kenny Murray said: “There have been positives in both the games so far, and we want to take that one step further by putting in a performance for the full 80 minutes.
“We were still in the Italy game with 15 minutes to go before it got away from us, and we know we will have to be competitive from start to finish to get the win against Georgia.
“There is a good mix of experience and newer faces in this squad, and we hope that they can put in the performance we know they are capable of.”
The game will be shown live on the Scottish Rugby website.
Scotland U20 team to play Georgia in the Under-20 Summer Series, Stadio Di Monigo, Italy. Kick-off 4.00pm BST
15. Keiran Clark (Southern Knights)
14. Kerr Johnston (Gala RFC)
13. Duncan Munn (Boroughmuir Bears)
12. Andy Stirrat (Ayrshire Bulls)
11. Gabe Jones (Brunel University/Ealing Trailfinders)
10. Christian Townsend (Ayrshire Bulls/Glasgow Warriors)
9. Ben Afshar (Southern Knights)
1. Iain Carmichael (Boroughmuir Bears)
2. Gregor Hiddleston (Stirling County)
3. Gregor Scougall (Watsonians RFC)
4. Josh Taylor (Ealing Trailfinders)
5. Max Williamson (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
6. Liam McConnell (Boroughmuir Bears)
8. Rhys Tait CAPTAIN (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors)
7. Tim Brown (Ayrshire Bulls)
16. Patrick Harrison (Watsonians RFC/Edinburgh Rugby)
17. Ali Rogers (Ayrshire Bulls)
18. Callum Norrie (Stirling County/Strathallan School)
19. Jake Spurway (Stirling County/Durham University)
20. Ollie Leatherbarrow (Exeter Chiefs)
21. Murray Redpath (Southern Knights/Newcastle University)
22. Euan Cunningham (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
23. Ben Salmon (Stirling County)
24. Matthew Deehan (Newcastle Falcons)
25. Euan Groenewald (University of Pretoria (TUKS))
26. Ryan Daley (Watsonians RFC)