Lineen rings changes for France test
Scotland U20 Head Coach Sean Lineen has rotated his squad to face France in the fourth round of the Under-20 Six Nations tomorrow afternoon at Cardiff Arms Park (Wednesday 7 July, kick-off 5pm) - live on S4C Clic and YouTube.
Alex Samuel will once again captain the side from the second row where he will partner Euan Ferrie who will make his second start of the Championship.
In the front row, Tom Banatalava will make his first start at loosehead prop whilst Corey Bowker will make his Scotland U20 debut when he starts at tighthead. Patrick Harrison makes his second start of the Championship at hooker.
Rhys Tait will make his first start of the Championship at openside flanker with Archie Smeaton retaining his place on the blindside. Rory Jackson comes in at No8 for Ben Muncaster who moves to the bench.
Euan Cunningham makes his first start of the tournament at scrum-half where he will partner Christian Townsend at stand-off to form a new half-back partnership.
Mike Gray will start at inside centre with Thomas Glendinning retaining his outside centre position from last week.
In the back three Ollie Melville returns to the team at full-back whilst Finlay Callaghan will start on the wing, with Ross McKnight on the other wing to complete the back three.
Scotland Under-20’s, Head Coach Sean Lineen said: “The performance against Italy last week was disappointing, we know from the England game that this squad can perform and compete better than that.
“With selection this week we’ve looked to give more opportunities to players who have shown what they can do in training.
“We know that France will bring a tough and physical battle to the pitch, we’ll look to win the breakdown at every opportunity, apply pressure and score some points.”
Scotland U20 team to face France on Wednesday at Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff (kick-off 5pm)
15. Ollie Melville* (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors)
14. Ross McKnight* (Stirling County)
13. Thomas Glendinning* (Glasgow Hawks)
12. Michael Gray* (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors)
11. Finlay Callaghan* (Ayrshire Bulls/Glasgow Warriors)
10. Christian Townsend* (Ayrshire Bulls)
9. Euan Cunningham* (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
1.Tom Banatvala (Durham University)
2. Patrick Harrison* (Southern Knights/Edinburgh Rugby)
3. Corey Bowker (Leeds Becket University)
4. Euan Ferrie (Glasgow Hawks)
5. Alex Samuel* (Stirling County/ Glasgow Warriors) CAPTAIN
6. Archie Smeaton (Cambridge University)
8. Rory Jackson* (Ayrshire Bulls/Glasgow Warriors)
7. Rhys Tait (Southern Knights)
16. Duncan Hood* (Heriot’s Rugby)
17. Michael Jones* (Boroughmuir Bears)
18. George Breese* (Stirling Wolves)
19. Max Williamson* (Stirling County/Glasgow Warriors)
20. Ollie Leatherbarrow (Exeter University)
21. Ben Muncaster* (Watsonians Rugby/Edinburgh Rugby)
22. Murray Redpath (Newcastle University)
23. Ethan McVickar (Melrose Rugby)
24. Elliot Gourlay (Sale Sharks)
25. Adam Scott (GHA)
26. Alex Clayton (Bath University)
*FOSROC Academy Supported Player.