Scotland side named for Welsh finale
Scotland Head Coach Bryan Easson today named his side to face Wales at Scotstoun Stadium in the final match of the Women’s Six Nations this Saturday (24 April, kick-off 5pm) – live on BBC Scotland and BBC iPlayer.
The inclusion of Christine Belisle at loosehead prop is the only alteration to the starting forward pack.
In the backs, Jenny Maxwell will make her first start of the 2021 tournament at scrum-half, while Hannah Smith returns from GB Sevens camp to start at outside centre with vice-captain Lisa Thomson moving back to inside centre.
Easson said: “We’ve made a few personnel and positional changes that I believe will allow us to put the best team available on the pitch this weekend.
“We were disappointed in our defence against Italy last weekend but we have worked really hard during our training sessions to rectify this and we believe we have a good system in place ahead of the game.
“Hannah Smith returning is also a positive for us. She’s a real threat in attack whilst also being a really solid defensive player so I’m looking forward to seeing what she will bring to the pitch on Saturday.
“Wales will be a very physical and motivated opponent but we know what to expect and we have prepared accordingly.”
In the front-row, hooker Lana Skeldon packs down alongside Belisle and Megan Kennedy.
An unchanged second-row sees Emma Wassell and Louise McMillan continue their partnership, while Evie Gallagher, Rachel McLachlan and Siobhan Cattigan are all once again named in the back-row.
Captain Helen Nelson moves back to fly-half to form a half-back partnership with Maxwell, while Thomson is partnered by Smith in midfield.
A settled back-three sees Chloe Rollie continue at full-back, with Megan Gaffney and Liz Musgrove again lining up on the wing.
Scotland Women team to face Wales on Saturday at Scotstoun Stadium (24 April, kick-off 5pm) – live on BBC Scotland and BBC iPlayer
15. Chloe Rollie (Harlequins)
14. Liz Musgrove (Unattached)
13. Hannah Smith (Watsonians)
12. Lisa Thomson VICE-CAPTAIN (Unattached)
11. Megan Gaffney (Heriots)
10. Helen Nelson CAPTAIN (Loughborough Lightning)
9. Jenny Maxwell (Loughborough Lightning)
1. Christine Belisle (Cartha Queens Park)
2. Lana Skeldon (Unattached)
3. Megan Kennedy (Stirling County)
4. Emma Wassell (Corstorphine Cougars)
5. Louise McMillan (Hillhead Jordanhill)
6. Evie Gallagher (Stirling County)
7. Rachel McLachlan (Unattached)
8. Siobhan Cattigan (Stirling County)
16. Jodie Rettie (Saracens)
17. Leah Bartlett (Loughborough Lightning)
18. Lisa Cockburn (Darlington Mowden Park)
19. Nicola Howat (Sale Sharks)
20. Mairi McDonald (Hillhead Jordanhill)
21. Sarah Law (Unattached)
22. Evie Wills (Stirling County)
23. Rachel Shankland (Stirling County)