Scotland U19 team named for Australian Schools encounter
Scotland U19 have named their side to play Australian Schools this Sunday at Oriam, Edinburgh (kick-off 2pm).
The game will give players an opportunity to put their hands up for selection for the Scotland U20 squad – who will convene in camp in January ahead of the U20 Six Nations championship.
Following a training match against Wales U19 last week, Scotland U19 Head Coach Ben Cairns has opted for a fairly settled squad ahead of the game.
Of the 23-man squad selected for the encounter, eight are FOSROC Scottish Rugby Academy supported players.
Cairns, said: “While the squad remains largely unchanged from that which took to the field in our training match versus Wales U19 last Sunday, it was always our intention to mix the squad up a bit to give a good group of players exposure to international rugby.
“Kieran Watt, James Timony, Cameron Brown and Chris Bell come into the squad and I’m sure they will be looking forward to their first involvement at this level.
“It's great to have the Australian Schools fixture this year. The U19 programme is all about developing our players at international level and this fixture provides a unique opportunity to test ourselves against a quality Southern Hemisphere side.
“They’ve had a successful tour so far with a winning record in Ireland and we are really looking forward to the challenge they will provide.
“Finally, playing the match indoors at Oriam certainly adds to the occasion and we are hopeful there will be a good crowd who come along to support both sides."
Head along and support the age-grade side!
Scotland U19 team to play Australian Schools at Oriam this Sunday (16 December, kick-off 2pm)
15. Oli Smith* (Ayr)
14. Jack Blain* (Heriot’s)
13. Andrew Mitchell (Hawick)
12. Robbie McCallum (Complutense Cisneros)
11. Charlie Hudson (Loughborough University)
10. Nathan Chamberlain (Hartpury College / Bristol Bears)
9. Roan Frostwick* (Currie Chieftains)
1. Lachlan Mackay (Stirling County)
2. Euan Ashman (Sale Sharks)
3. Alex Pleasants (Henley College / Wasps)
4. Kieran Watt (Watsonians)
5. Cameron Henderson* (Stirling County)
6. James Timony (Hartpury College)
7. Gavin Wilson* (Glasgow Hawks)
8. Jack Hill (Durham University)
16. Rory Jackson* (Edinburgh Academy / Edinburgh Accies)
17. Sean Fisher (Falkirk)
18. Mak Wilson* (Melrose)
19. James Barker (Leeds Beckett University)
20. Cameron Brown (Kelso)
21. Kristin Kay* (Glasgow Hawks)
22. Christopher Bell (Merchiston Castle School / Watsonians)
23. Matt Stewart (Biggar)
* FOSROC Scottish Rugby Academy Supported Player