Scotland U20 side named for Welsh finale
Scotland U20 Head Coach Sean Lineen today named his side to face Wales at Stadiwm Zip World, Colwyn Bay in the final match of the U20 Six Nations this Friday (13 March, kick-off 7.35pm) – live on S4C.
The inclusion of blindside flanker Jack Hill is the only alteration to the starting XV that lost to France last week as Lineen has opted for a fairly settled side.
Boroughmuir Bears’ Gregor Brown moves to the bench in place of Hill, while Jack Blain is also named among the replacements as the winger returns from the ankle injury he sustained in the opening round of the tournament.
Scotland will be looking to bounce back following a disappointing 22-29 defeat against France at Netherdale last Friday, while their Welsh counterparts go into the game on the back of a narrow 22-23 victory against England at Kingsholm Stadium.
Lineen said: "We are looking to finish the tournament on a high this weekend.
"The players are very determined and focused on the task at hand and I've been really impressed with the players' attitude and mindset throughout the tournament.
"They've continually looked to improve their game each week and hopefully they'll be rewarded for their efforts this Friday.
"In the last couple of games the backs have really come to the fore. We've got a really complete and well-rounded group of players involved this weekend."
An unchanged front-row sees hooker Ewan Ashman pack down alongside props Thomas Lambert and Mak Wilson.
Kieran Watt once again links up with Cameron Henderson in the second-row, while captain Rory Darge combines with Hill and Connor Boyle in the back-row.
Roan Frostwick and Nathan Chamberlain will pull the strings again through their half-back partnership, while Robbie McCallum is partnered by Matthew Currie in midfield.
Scotland U20 team to face Wales at Stadiwm Zip World, Colwyn Bay on Friday 13 March (kick-off 7.35pm) – live on S4C
15. Ollie Smith (Ayrshire Bulls) *
14. Rufus McLean (Boroughmuir Bears) *
13. Matthew Currie (Watsonians Rugby) *
12. Robbie McCallum (Boroughmuir Bears) *
11. Jacob Henry (Southern Knights) *
10. Nathan Chamberlain (Hartpury College/Bristol Bears)
9. Roan Frostwick (Watsonians Rugby)*
1. Thomas Lambert (Sydney University)
2. Ewan Ashman (Sale Sharks)
3. Mak Wilson (Southern Knights)*
4. Kieran Watt (Watsonians Rugby)
5. Cameron Henderson (Stirling County) *
6. Jack Hill (Durham University)
7. Connor Boyle (Watsonians Rugby) *
8. Rory Darge CAPTAIN (Southern Knights) *
16. Rory Jackson (Watsonians Rugby) *
17. Alex Maxwell (Stourbridge)
18. George Breese (Stirling County) *
19. Jamie Campbell (Biggar) *
20. Gregor Brown (Boroughmuir Bears) *
21. Kyle McGhie (Boroughmuir Bears)*
22. Cameron Scott (Boroughmuir Bears) *
23. Jack Blain (Heriot’s Rugby)
*Denotes FOSROC Scottish Rugby Academy supported player