Scotland Women name team to face Italy this Sunday
Scotland Women Head Coach Shade Munro has named the starting team to play Italy in Calvisano tomorrow (kick-off 1.45pm local time) - streamed live on the Scottish Rugby Facebook page.
The experienced side will welcome's prop Lisa Cockburn (Darlington Mowden Park RFC) in the starting line up for what will be her first cap for the national squad.
Munro has named Lisa Thomson as captain for the first time. Thomson is familiar with taking on the role following a season of being the Scotland 7s skipper in 2017.
She said: “Until I was captain for the sevens, I hadn’t envisaged taking on that position for the Scotland XVs squad. Once I had gained that experience last year, I knew that it would be something I would love to do. It came earlier than expected, but it's a great honour to captain your country. I'm delighted."
Head Coach Shade Munro said: “We are fortunate to have the options in our team for the captaincy role. We want to be able to develop a group of leaders and to offer more of our players leadership positions.
“Lisa came into the team at a very young age and has developed into one of these leaders. She is very knowledgeable about the game and this is the next step in her leadership journey.
“I am excited about this match and the upcoming Tests. It's great to be challenged at this level at this stage in the season. It's a huge opportunity for our players to be able to cement their position in the team, which is really important ahead of the Six Nations and World Cup qualifiers.
“The introduction of these Test matches shows the investment that is going into women’s rugby across the world from Unions, and we're delighted to be part of this."
Scotland team to face Italy
Sunday 4 November (kick off 1.45pm local time)
15. Chloe Rollie ** (Lille Metropole Rugby Club Villeneuvios)
14. Lauren Harris (Bristol Women)
13. Lisa Thomson ** CAPTAIN (Darlington Mowden Park RFC)
12. Helen Nelson ** (Montpellier)
11. Abi Evans (Hillhead Jordanhill)
10. Lisa Martin ** (Lille Metropole Rugby Club Villeneuvios)
9. Mhairi Grieve (Firwood Waterloo)
8. Sarah Bonar ** (Loughborough Lightning)
7. Louise McMillan * (Hillhead/Jordanhill)
6. Siobhan Cattigan (Stirling County)
5. Nicola Howat * (Edinburgh University)
4. Emma Wassell * (Heriots Rugby Club)
3. Megan Kennedy ** (Stirling County)
2. Lana Skeldon ** (Watsonians)
1. Lisa Cockburn (Darlington Mowden Park RFC)
16. Jodie Rettie (Saracens)
17. Siobhan McMillan * (Hillhead Jordanhill)
18. Katie Dougan (Gloucester-Hartpury)
19. Lucy Winter (Edinburgh University)
20. Rachel McLachlan (West of Scotland)
21. Jenny Maxwell (Loughborough Lightning)
22. Bry Nelson (Watsonians)
23. Annabel Sergeant (Heriots Rugby Club)
*Fosroc Scottish Rugby Academy Supported Player 2018/19
** 2021 Supported Contract 2018/19
Scotland Women will also play against Canada on Tuesday 27 November at Scotstoun as part of the Celebration of Women and Girls Rugby. Tickets are currently on sale for this match which will follow the U18 and U15 Schools Cup Finals.
Follow all of the match day action on the Scottish Rugby social media channels from Sunday morning.