Scotland Women name team to face France Women
Scotland Women will have four new additions to the starting XV for their third Six Nations fixture against France on Saturday at Le Stadium (Nord Lille Metropole) (kick-off 8.00pm GMT) - live on BBC Alba.
Jade Konkel returns from injury to come in at number 8 having missed the opening Six Nations matches against Italy and Ireland. She will win her 34th cap since her debut back in 2013.
Sarah Bonar moves from number 8 to blindside flanker to replace Rachel Malcolm who sustained an injury in the second-round fixture against Ireland. Sarah and Jade will be joined in the back row by Rachel McLachlan.
Nicola Howat comes off the bench and into the second row alongside Emma Wassell. The front row trio will remain unchanged with Lisa Cockburn, Lana Skeldon and Megan Kennedy playing together for the fifth match in a row.
Sarah Law will also come off the bench to start as scrum half. Rhona Lloyd will come into the starting XV replacing Liz Musgrove who has returned to Hong Kong. Centre Lisa Thomson continues as captain in an otherwise unchanged back line.
With France currently ranked third in the world and Scotland at eleventh, it will be a tough match for the visitors on Saturday evening in Lille.
France won their opening match at home against Wales 52-3. However, they lost in their second-round match against England 7-51.
Scotland have lost both of their home matches against Italy (7-28) and Ireland (5-22).
Head Coach Shade Munro said: “It is going to be a real challenge for us. France are one of the top teams in world women’s rugby at the moment.
“I watched the England v France match recently and the rugby was outstanding. Two very good teams so we aren’t underestimating the challenge that we face when we go over to France.
“It will be a challenge, but we will definitely meet it. We are doing everything at training at the moment to prepare ourselves for this game.
“We have Jade Konkel back in the team which is great from a confidence, ball carrying and experience point of view. It is fantastic to have her back and she will make a definite difference."
Scotland team to face France - Saturday 23 February (kick-off 8.00pm GMT)
15. Chloe Rollie ** (Lille Metropole Rugby Club Villeneuvios)
14. Rhona Lloyd (Loughborough Lightning)
13. Hannah Smith (Hillhead Jordanhill)
12. Lisa Thomson ** CAPTAIN (Darlington Mowden Park)
11. Annabel Sergeant (Heriots Rugby Club)
10. Helen Nelson ** (Montpellier)
9. Sarah Law * (Edinburgh University)
1. Lisa Cockburn (Darlington Mowden Park)
2. Lana Skeldon ** (Watsonians)
3. Megan Kennedy ** (Stirling County)
4. Emma Wassell * (Heriots Rugby Club)
5. Nicola Howat * (Edinburgh University)
6. Sarah Bonar ** (Loughborough Lightning)
7. Rachel McLachlan (Stirling County)
8. Jade Konkel ** (Harlequins)
16. Jodie Rettie (Saracens)
17. Katie Dougan (Gloucester Hartpury)
18. Mairi Forsyth (Stirling County)
19. Lucy Winter (Edinburgh University)
20. Debs McCormack (Harlequins)
21. Jenny Maxwell (Loughborough Lightning)
22. Lisa Martin ** (Lille Metropole Rugby Club Villeneuvios)
23. Abi Evans (Hillhead Jordanhill)
* Fosroc Scottish Rugby Academy Supported Player 2018/19
** 2021 Supported Contract 2018/19
Scotland Women will be playing against Wales on Friday 8 March at Scotstoun in the fourth match of the 2019 Six Nations campaign. Tickets for this match are currently on sale from the Scottish Rugby website.