Scotland Women team named for England opener
Scotland Head Coach, Bryan Easson, has named his side to face England in this Saturday’s opening Women’s Six Nations match at Castle Park, Doncaster (3 April, kick-off 3pm) – live on BBC iPlayer.
The back division remains unchanged from Scotland’s last match against France in October, with Hannah Smith partnering Lisa Thomson in the centres, stand-off Helen Nelson and scrum-half Mairi McDonald returning and full-back Chloe Rollie lining up with wingers Rachel Shankland and Megan Gaffney in the back-three.
In the front-row, hooker Lana Skeldon will pack down alongside Leah Bartlett and Christine Belisle, while Emma Wassell will link up with Louise McMillan in the second-row.
Captain Rachel Malcolm joins Rachel McLachlan and Siobhan Cattigan in the back-row to form the remainder of the pack.
Evie Gallagher could make her international debut on Saturday if called upon from the bench, while Liz Musgrove and Jenny Maxwell are also named among the replacements following their return from injury.
Easson said: “It’s been tough to select the team this week which has been a real positive as it shows there is good strength in depth within this squad.
“The team that will take the field on Saturday has an exciting blend of youth and experience. We have several players that have been involved in a number of Six Nations championships now, but we also have a lot of young and upcoming talent that are pushing for places in the team.
“As a management group, we are looking for players to express themselves on both sides of the ball and also showcase the hard work that they have put in over this difficult period.
“The group have worked incredibly hard since August so we’ve had a good amount of preparation ahead of the tournament but we are now just ready and excited to get back on the pitch and play.”
Scotland Women team to face England on Saturday at Castle Park, Doncaster (kick-off 3pm – live on BBC iPlayer)
15. Chloe Rollie (Harlequins)
14. Rachel Shankland (Stirling County)
13. Hannah Smith (Watsonians)
12. Lisa Thomson (Unattached)
11. Megan Gaffney (Heriots)
10. Helen Nelson VICE-CAPTAIN (Loughborough Lightning)
9. Mairi McDonald (Hillhead Jordanhill)
1. Leah Bartlett (Loughborough Lightning)
2. Lana Skeldon (Unattached)
3. Christine Belisle (Cartha Queens Park)
4. Emma Wassell (Corstorphine Cougars)
5. Louise McMillan (Hillhead Jordanhill)
6. Rachel Malcolm CAPTAIN (Loughborough Lightning)
7. Rachel McLachlan (Unattached)
8. Siobhan Cattigan (Stirling County)
16. Molly Wright (Watsonians)
17. Panashe Muzambe (Edinburgh University / Watsonians)
18. Lisa Cockburn (Darlington Mowden Park)
19. Evie Gallagher (Stirling County)
20. Jodie Rettie (Saracens)
21. Jenny Maxwell (Loughborough Lightning)
22. Sarah Law (Unattached)
23. Liz Musgrove (Unattached)