Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using this website.
These Terms form a contract between you, the user of these web-pages and Scottish Rugby Union Limited (a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC132061 and its registered address at Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ) , all members of its group and any successor to all or part of its business (“Scottish Rugby”).
The copyright of this website and web content is owned or used under licence by Scottish Rugby and is protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property laws.
You are entitled to copy any material in these web-pages for your own personal use, but must not remove any product identification, copyright notices or legends or other notices or proprietary restrictions from any such material without the permission of Scottish Rugby.
All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by Scottish Rugby and/or its licensors.
The Scottish Rugby logos are trademarks of Scottish Rugby which may or may not be registered in the jurisdiction from which you are accessing these web pages. In addition, certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in these web pages may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Scottish Rugby. In addition, certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in these web-pages may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Scottish Rugby. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on these web-pages does not imply that any licence or right has been granted to any third party in respect of the same.
All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on these web-pages are or may be trademarks of their respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trademark owners and Scottish Rugby intends no infringement of such trademarks.
The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, or organisations, or advertising of third parties on these web-pages does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Scottish Rugby. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by Scottish Rugby and/or its licensors.
Content - No Warranty
The information, materials and functions contained in these web-pages are provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permissible, Scottish Rugby disclaims all warranties, representations and undertakings whatsoever, express or implied, including warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer viruses and non-infringement of third parties' rights.
Scottish Rugby may change these Terms at any time. Changes will be published on these web-pages and the date of the most recent revision will appear at the bottom of this page.
Use of the website
You must not:
- provide false, misleading or inaccurate personal information on these web-pages.
- create an account on these web-pages for anyone other than yourself, unless you have permission.
- register more than once on these web-pages in a personal capacity.
- share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account on these web-pages. It is your responsibility to keep your password and login details private and safe.
- solicit login information or access an account on these web-pages that belongs to someone else, unless you have permission.
- modify these web-pages in any way.
- post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on these web-pages.
- upload viruses or other malicious code onto these web-pages.
- use these web-pages to do anything that is unlawful, misleading, malicious, discriminatory or is in breach of applicable laws or regulations.
- use these web-pages to bully, intimidate, or harass anybody.
- frame or link to any other page of these web-pages without the consent of Scottish Rugby.
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy these web-pages or their content.
Without prejudice to any rights otherwise available to Scottish Rugby under statute or common law, if you have breached or are in breach of these Terms or any other Scottish Rugby regulations, directions, policies and procedures then Scottish Rugby may close, remove or suspend your access to these web-pages or any account held within them without further notice.
Scottish Rugby will not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage or computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of these web-pages, their operation or transmission, computer viruses or otherwise in respect of the use of these web-pages and howsoever caused even if Scottish Rugby has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Scottish Rugby excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in these web-pages except to the extent that such liability cannot be lawfully excluded under applicable laws or regulations. To the fullest extent permissible, Scottish Rugby disclaims all such liability arising from its or its employees', agents, representatives or subcontractors' negligence.
Scottish Rugby is not responsible for nor shall it be liable for the contents of other websites or home pages which are linked to these web-pages. Scottish Rugby shall have no liability in respect of material linked to these web-pages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such laws or regulations as may be from time to time in force. The provision by Scottish Rugby of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by Scottish Rugby to you to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement or non-endorsement by Scottish Rugby of the material held there.
Scottish Rugby operates these web-pages from Edinburgh, Scotland and makes no representation that the information contained on these web-pages is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Failure by Scottish Rugby to enforce a right under these Terms does not result in a waiver of such right.
If any of these Terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable in any way then the remaining terms will not be affected.
You may not assign or otherwise transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms, nor sub-licence your rights, nor sub-contract your obligations under these Terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of Scotland and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts in connection with them. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws or regulations of the country from which you are accessing these web-pages.
Scottish Rugby Union Limited, BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ, email: [email protected]
© Scottish Rugby Union Limited
Facebook Competition - Terms and Conditions
- Scottish Rugby Union Limited (registered company number SC132061) of BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh EH12 5PJ is the promoter ("Promoter") of this free competition.
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, all persons who read and follow the instructions set out on the relevant Facebook post before 11.59pm on 21 March 2021 will be entered into a free competition as set out on Facebook (the "Competition") to win a signed Scotland jersey (the "Prize"). Entries received after the stipulated closing time will be invalid and will not be included in the Competition. Only one entry per person will be counted, and entries made by anyone found to be using multiple accounts on Facebook for the purposes of entering the Competition shall be ineligible.
- This Competition is open to anyone over the age of 13 who is UK resident, excluding employees of the Promoter or any of its affiliated companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
- Any instructions provided in the Facebook post form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Competition, but in the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- No payment is required to enter the Competition.
- One winner will be selected by the Promoter following the closing date of the Competition. The winner will be notified either by email or via the direct mail function on their Facebook account. In the event that the winner fails to respond to the Promoter to confirm their acceptance of the Prize within a reasonable period of time, or intimates that they are unable or unwilling to accept the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to forfeit the Prize or select an alternative winner from the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value if the specified Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered in any circumstances and the Prize is not transferable for any alternative benefit.
- Should the prize winner accept the Prize, entrants (and, where the entrant is under 16 years of age at the time of entry, their parent or guardian) will be deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have consented to: a) sharing contact information for the Prize to be delivered; and b) the winner’s name and image being recorded and published for promotional purposes in relation to the Competition by the Promoter or its authorised representatives.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Competition and/or review and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice. By continuing to take part in the Competition subsequent to any revision of these Terms and Conditions, entrants and their parent or guardian shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for: a) any inability of a winner to take up their Prize; or b) lost items or items that are delayed or damaged in the post.
- As a winner, you will release the Promoter and its affiliates, partners and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with the Competition or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof save where due to the negligence of the Promoter or its affiliates, partners and employees.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid by a court of law or similar, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This Competition is governed by Scots law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- As a participant and/or winner, you fully release Facebook from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Competition or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof whatsoever.