Getting to BT Murrayfield
BT Murrayfield Stadium is located to the West of Edinburgh’s city centre.
BT Murrayfield Stadium
Travelling to BT Murrayfield
Getting to BT Murrayfield by bus
- Westfield Road 1, 2, 22, 30
- Gorgie Road 3, 25, 33, 38
- Corstorphine Road 12, 26, 31
- Edinburgh City Centre – Services 1, 3, 12, 22, 25, 26, 30, 31 or 33
- Edinburgh Airport – Airlink 100 will take you to BT Murrayfield and the City Centre
- Livingston – Services X27/X28
- Corstorphine Road 23, 24 & 38
- 900 Service – Glasgow to Edinburgh
Getting to BT Murrayfield by tram
Edinburgh Trams run a fast, frequent service to the entrance of BT Murrayfield stadium from Edinburgh Airport, Ingliston Park & Ride, Edinburgh Gateway, Edinburgh Park Station, Haymarket Station and St Andrew Square tram stop, just a short walk from Waverley Station.
On matchdays or during major events extra trams run to provide extra capacity. All trams are fully low floor and have dedicated spaces for wheelchairs. Murrayfield tram stop is fully accessible with lift facilities to street level.
Buy your ticket before you board. Every tram stop has ticket vending machines where you can buy all ticket types. For more details see www.edinburghtrams.com.
- Getting to BT Murrayfield using Park & Ride
Event Day Information and FAQ's
IMPORTANT – BT MURRAYFIELD BAG POLICY
Scottish Rugby operates a ‘small bags only’ policy for major events at BT Murrayfield in line with the current national security position.The policy will be applied by our matchday stewards at the Guinness Six Nations matches against Italy, Ireland and Wales. The small bags policy is not in response to any specific threats, rather it is a result of our ongoing management of security which focuses on keeping BT Murrayfield a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone. Notification of the policy is printed on the front and back of each ticket.
Ticket holders will be permitted to bring in bags no larger than A5 size (equivalent to a small clutch bag - measuring 21cmx15cmx8cm) – these bags will be searched prior to tickets being scanned. Bags larger than this will not be allowed into the stadium. The only exceptions to this rule are spectators who require to carry bags for health reasons (including parents with young children who require to carry medical/dietary items)
Spectators who have a requirement to carry bags larger than A5 size for those exceptional reasons should access BT Murrayfield via dedicated lanes/turnstiles at each of the stadium entry areas where bags will be searched and tagged prior to tickets being scanned. Unless you have health or childcare requirements plan ahead and leave your bags at home, in your hotel, in your car, on the coach or at one of 13 bag-drop/left luggage facilities across Edinburgh (web links listed below).
Scottish Rugby is committed to offering the best experience to all our disabled supporters at BT Murrayfield and we have a number of options available:
- Accessible seating: seats for spectators who require easy-access seating. This is particularly for spectators who can either walk short distances or can be assisted to their section with support from our stadium coordinators. These are located throughout the stadium.
- Stadium support: A team who assist any spectators requiring assistance within the ground. For example, the support team can access wheelchairs to help spectators get to and from their section.
- Wheelchair ticket ballot: Here at BT Murrayfield we have 98 dedicated wheelchair tickets available for each match and an equal number for personal assistants. These are located in the Wheelchair Terraces or along our West Stand pitchside. Demand for wheelchair accessible tickets for matches can be extremely high, which is why we have introduced the ballot. This ensures that fans looking for wheelchair tickets have an equal opportunity to apply for these tickets.
- Lift and ramped access to all wheelchair accessible areas
- Conveniently placed separate adapted toilets including a newly installed Changing Places toilet
- Disabled parking (match day and non-match days)
- Lift access in hospitality suites and office reception
- Clear signposts throughout the stadium
- Guide dogs and service dogs are welcome by prior arrangement! Please contact us in advance to let us know.
If you have specific access requirements you require assistance with please call the Ticket Centre on 0131 378 1600 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm) or e-mail [email protected] and a member of the ticketing team will be in touch.
To make your match day experience as relaxing as possible, our match day stadium support team are able to meet you on any International Match day and assist you to your ticket location.
To request stadium support please e-mail [email protected] and let us know what assistance is required or call the Ticket Centre on 0131 378 1600 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm).
A limited number of wheelchairs are available to assist you on the day to and from your seats, please enquire for more information.
At all BT Murrayfield events, there are stewards to direct and assist disabled guests.
Disabled parking on International match days is allocated to wheelchair ticket purchasers and to those who are successful in the Blue Badge Parking Ballot). Applications received after the deadline will not be considered, however, drop off locations are available at Gatehouse, Roseburn Street and Murrayfield Ice Rink.
Our stadium support team are available at both locations and assistance can be requested by e-mailing [email protected] or calling the Ticket Centre on 0131 378 1600 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm).
There will be no access to the disabled car park to supporters without the required Scottish Rugby pass. Those with the Scottish Rugby Disabled Car Park Pass must also display their blue badge. Disabled parking is usually located in the Ice Rink park. Parking attendants are on hand to assist and check that only disabled badge holders gain access to the disabled parking area. Parking on non-match days is available through the main entrance, off Roseburn Street.
Separate adapted toilets are placed very close to the wheelchair accessible area on the first tier of the West Stand. The separate adapted toilets on the ground floor are within the west stand at the top of the wheelchair accessible ramps. These are located around 50 metres depending on your seating position. All of these toilets have wheelchair access and arm pulls.
The stadium has a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor of the West Stand, next to the existing disabled toilets. The facility, which includes a height-adjustable adult-sized changing bench and tracking hoist system, provides adequate space for a disabled person and up to two carers. The facility is available for use on match and non-match days (latter access managed by the stadium’s gatehouse staff).
Hospitality and catering
Wheelchair catering on matchdays is available from units in the West, South and East stands. Members of our catering team will visit the disabled decks before kick off and half time.
All the conference and hospitality suites have excellent facilities. They include adapted toilets and are fully wheelchair accessible. Access to the suites is via the lifts previously mentioned, depending on the area of the stadium you are wishing to access.
For more information about disabled access to BT Murrayfield Stadium, please email [email protected], call 0131 378 1600 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm) or write to us at Scottish Rugby, BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh, EH12 5PJ.