BT Murrayfield Stadium Tours
BT Murrayfield is one of the great sporting stadia of the world and the largest sports venue in Scotland. Since the inaugural match in 1925, Scottish Rugby has had a rich history with BT Murrayfield witnessing some of the world's greatest rugby moments.
Take a guided tour of BT Murrayfield, the home of Scottish Rugby, and you’ll be taken inside areas of the stadium that you would never ordinarily get to see and will be regaled with stories from Scottish Rugby’s rich history - seeing what the stadium looks like day to day and learning about the preparations for international matches.
On your tour you will go behind the scenes! You will see some of Scottish Rugby’s memorabilia including the Calcutta Cup, step onto the set in the TV Studio and learn about the famous Voice of Rugby in the Bill McLaren Press Gallery. Rounding-up the tour by taking a thrilling walk through the famous and atmospheric tunnel, visiting the Scotland changing room and finishing taking in the atmosphere pitch side.
We cater for all group sizes from individuals to family and school groups and coach tours. Book a Stadium Tour today and step inside the home of Scottish Rugby.
Please note: Due to the Guinness Six Nations tournament, stadium tours are likely to be restricted with limited access to certain areas on the tour route from week commencing 3 February and 2 March.
Take one of our guided tours which are available from Monday to Saturday at 11am and 2.30pm.
The tour start location is at the Scottish Rugby Store in the West stand of the stadium where you will be met by a tour guide – the tour lasts 90 minutes approximately.
We advise that visitors book their Guided Tour in advance as there are limited spaces on each tour and this is the only way to guarantee a place for your chosen tour. For availability, please click HERE.
The tour is wheelchair accessible. If you are a wheelchair user or require assistance, please let us know when you book the tour or make sure you contact us in advance so we can support any required access arrangements.
Booking your tour
There’s a few simple ways to book your place on a Stadium Tour:
From the Online Ticket Centre
Call us on 0131 346 5160 (option 4) (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm)
Email [email protected].
BT Murrayfield does not have the facilities to accommodate left luggage during the stadium tour. Therefore we recommend that if you are travelling with large bags you arrange alternative storage of them prior to your visit. Small bags, personal belongings and pushchairs must be kept with you at all times during your visit. We thank you for your co-operation.
Types of Tours
Ticket Type Adults Over 60s and Students* Family* Under 18s Under 5s Price £12 £10 £30 £7 Free
*Over 60s and students must present a valid ID card
*Family Ticket: £30 admits two adults and up to two Under 18s.
Student/Youth Groups & Schools
- Minimum Group of 20 students or Under 18s
- Standard Under 18 & Student prices apply
- Two free Adults per every eight Under 18s/Students
- Additional Adult Helper tickets £10 each
Group Bookings and Private Tours
If you would like a private guided tour, please email [email protected] or call the Ticket Centre on 0131 346 5106 (option 4) (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm).
We recommend one tour guide per 30 people. Larger groups can be accommodated subject to guide availability.
We understand that educational groups may require different information and for this reason, we are pleased to offer our visitors tailored tours that focus both on their interests and needs. For school children we can provide worksheets that will turn the tour into a more interactive experience as well as tailored information for University and College students (course dependent).
Workbooks for Tours:
Looking for the perfect gift for family or friends? A gift voucher for the BT Murrayfield stadium tour could be the ticket – with individual and family vouchers available.
Stadium Tour gift vouchers are available to buy online or over the phone by calling 0131 346 5106 (option 4) (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm) or in person at the Ticket Centre.
Vouchers will be posted to you and can then be redeemed by the recipient up to 12 months from date of purchase.
Stadium Tour Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all tours of BT Murrayfield Stadium (a “Stadium Tour"). By participating in a Stadium Tour, ticket holders are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
2. Ticket holders should arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to their Stadium Tour start time and should assemble at the designated point within the Scottish Rugby Store. If the ticket holder is not present at the start time for the Stadium Tour for which they have registered, Scottish Rugby may (without compensation or refund) refuse to allow him/her to join the Stadium Tour. Please note that ticket holders and/or their bags may be searched by a member of Scottish Rugby staff and the Scottish Rugby reserves the right to refuse admission to the Stadium Tour if a ticket holder declines to be searched.
3. No food, drink or items liable to cause any damage to the Stadium may be brought on the Stadium Tour.
4. Young people aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by his/her parent, guardian or other adult who is responsible for their conduct.
5. Ticket holders must follow the lawful directions of the tour leader and any other representative of Scottish Rugby.
6. If at any time during the Stadium Tour, Scottish Rugby believes that behaviour of a ticket holder is unacceptable or likely to cause damage or injury to either that individual, any other person or the Stadium (including but not limited to drunken or unacceptable behaviour, any acts likely to cause damage or injury, threatening, disrespectful or violent behaviour), Scottish Rugby may ask the ticket holder to leave without compensation or refund. The ticket holder shall also be liable to Scottish Rugby for all costs, losses and liabilities resulting from that ticket holder's actions.
7. If, in its sole discretion, Scottish Rugby deem that certain dress is inappropriate to enter part(s) of the Stadium, Scottish Rugby will be entitled to refuse admission to such part(s) without refund or compensation.
8. Please be aware that as BT Murrayfield is a working stadium, certain parts of the stadium may be inaccessible to Stadium Tours without notice being given. As such, Scottish Rugby cannot guarantee that all advertised elements of the Stadium Tour route will be accessible at all times and Scottish Rugby reserves the right to alter or vary the route of the Stadium Tour at its discretion without compensation or refund.
9. Scottish Rugby reserves the right to cancel a Stadium Tour where this is reasonably necessary. In such circumstances, notice shall (if reasonably possible) be given to the applicable ticket holders and such ticket holders shall be entitled to either accept an alternative date/time or to receive a refund. No other compensation shall be payable.
10. No ticket to the Stadium Tour may be sold by the original purchaser to a person (or persons) for a price which is greater than the face value of the ticket. Advertising tickets to the Stadium Tour for sale in any forum including on any online auction or other website is strictly prohibited. Any such re-sale shall render the ticket void. Tickets remain the property of Scottish Rugby at all times.
11. Except for photography for bona fide private, non-commercial uses, the possession or operation of recording or transmission equipment of any kind is prohibited on the Stadium Tours. This includes, without limitation, photography, filming, audio and any other recording or transmission.
12. Scottish Rugby shall be entitled to refuse admission or re-admission to, or to eject from the Stadium, any person who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
13. Any promotion offered is, unless otherwise stated, solely applicable for pre-booked Stadium Tours. All promotions are run independently and no two or more promotions can be claimed at any one time.
14. In addition to the stated value of the Ticket, Scottish Rugby may apply a transaction fee and/or a delivery fee for the processing and issue of Tickets purchased. The transaction fee includes payment method costs, costs of administration charges and other fulfilment charges. The delivery fee includes postage and delivery costs to reflect the chosen method of Ticket delivery.